Happy birthday to the culinary maverick and inspiration to home cooks everywhere, Julia Child!
The French chef would have been 104 today, however, her memory, spirit, and recipes still live on in our kitchens and in our hearts. To mark another year of exceptional cooking and delectable cuisine, we gathered 7 of Mrs. Child’s iconic dessert recipes with which we can all indulge our sweet tooth in honor of her.
If there’s one thing Julia loved, it was food. The quirky, 6’2”, chef was admittedly not a fan of diets or eating healthy. She loved life’s indulgences and that very much showed in her cooking. She was also fiercely passionate about life, love, and food. We think it’s important to celebrate these qualities because after all, isn’t life is too short not to laugh, love, and EAT? Julia thought so, and so do we.
Below are 7 dessert recipes fit for a party or sweet celebration of any kind. Julia made them famous, and thanks to her, now we just make them!
This blog post is part of our Link Love series, where we give some love to bloggers we admire. Check out our last Link Love post: 20 Breakfast Bowl Recipes.
7 Dessert Recipes Inspired by Julia Child
- Orange Bavarian Cream Cake by Catz in the Kitchen
- Chocolate Mousse by Doughmesstic
- Floating Islands Meringue “Cake” by Cafe Johnsonia
- Queen of Sheba Cake (Reine de Saba) by Noshing with the Nolands
- Pear Clafoutis by Chew Out Loud
- Julia’s Delicious Chocolate Cake by Pistou
- Charlotte Chantilly aux Fraises by Living Tastefully
Have you ever tried your hand at mastering the art of French cooking? Let us know in the comments below!
Latest posts by RecipeLion (see all)
- 14 Savory Summer Casseroles - July 18, 2018
- Fancy Dinner Night: 5-Course Meal Ideas to Impress - July 11, 2018
- 11 Slushy Drinks for Summer - July 5, 2018