One of my favorite things about this time of year is the food. Since the day after Thanksgiving, my mom and I have baked cookies almost every weekend. We’ve made sugar cookies, peanut butter blossoms, Oreo truffles, cranberry and white chocolate chip cookies, and more. What makes these cookies special is that we only make them around the holidays.
Just like those cookies, there are certain flavors that we only get to enjoy around this time of year, too. One such flavor is eggnog. This timeless holiday drink just screams Christmas and New Year’s. It’s unheard of to drink it anytime else. It’s no wonder we’ve incorporated it into food recipes, namely breakfast and desserts. We want to enjoy it as much as we can when we can. Below are 7 egg-cellent recipes with eggnog. You have less than two weeks to enjoy them this year, so make these delicious recipes soon!
Breakfast Recipes with Eggnog
1. Eggnog Coffee Cake – This recipe comes to you from AllFreeCasseroleRecipes. One cup of eggnog goes into the coffee cake, while another dose goes into an eggnog glaze. You can never have too much eggnog, right?
2. Eggnog Bread – In the summer, I make banana bread, in the fall pumpkin bread, and in winter – eggnog bread! Using it in French toast or eating it by itself are both acceptable options.
3. Make Ahead Baked Eggnog French Toast – Speaking of French Toast, RecipeLion brings us a recipe for Make Ahead Baked Eggnog French Toast. It’s simple to make and is a perfect breakfast on Christmas morning.
4. Eggnog Monkey Bread – I’m not sure if Eggnog Monkey Bread, from Recipe Girl, is breakfast or dessert. I think it could pass for both. Cinnamon, nutmeg, and brown sugar go into the ooey gooey coating, and an eggnog glaze is drizzled all over it.
Dessert Recipes with Eggnog
5. Gingerbread Bread Pudding with Bourbon Eggnog Sauce – Gingerbread and eggnog are both classic holiday flavors, so it makes sense that they’re in the same recipe. Not only is the gingerbread base fantastic, but the eggnog sauce drizzled on top is the icing on the cake, so to speak.
6. No Bake Eggnog Truffles – Not only are these truffles easy to make, but they are super delicious as well. White chocolate, eggnog, nutmeg, and brandy and flavor to these sweet treats. Thanks RecipeLion for this awesome recipe.
7. Cheesecake and Eggnog Brownie Brittle Bars – Last, but not least, is a dessert recipe from our friends at AllFreeCopycatRecipes. A Brownie Brittle crust serves as the base to an eggnog cheesecake topping. This is a real treat (actually, two treats) that you don’t want to miss.
Which holiday flavor do you like better: Eggnog or peppermint?