The flavors of fall are some of the most unique and delicious. Butternut squash and pumpkin are commonly seen in different dishes throughout the season. The national chain, Panera, features an autumn squash soup each year. Panera is known for having some of the best soup recipes out there and on AllFreeCopycatRecipes.com we have a make-at-home version for nearly every one of them. Our recipe for the homemade Panera soup combines the flavors of both, butternut squash and pumpkin, to create the ultimate fall soup recipe.
This easy soup recipe comes together in less than an hour with just a few steps. Served with a simple garnish of roasted pumpkin seeds, people will be licking their bowls clean when they take a taste. The soup is not meant to be enjoyed exclusively during fall, but throughout the colder months and into the winter.
Homemade Panera Autumn Squash Soup
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 15 ounces can pumpkin puree
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- salt and pepper, to taste
- pumpkin seeds, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Peel and dice the butternut squash into 1-inch cubes.
- Peel the onion and cut into quarters.
- Place the chopped squash and onion on a baking sheet and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Stir the vegetables to coat completely.
- Cook in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. After removing from the oven, let the vegetables cool for 10 minutes.
- Puree the roasted squash and onion in a blender until smooth.
- In a large stockpot, add the squash puree, pumpkin, vegetable broth, heavy cream, curry powder, cumin, and cinnamon. Bring to a low boil and then put on a low simmer for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Taste and season with more salt and pepper accordingly.
- Garnish with pumpkin seeds.
- Cinnamon Roll Waffles with Pre-Made Dough - June 29, 2022
- How to Make Tomato Basil Soup: A Corner Bakery Soup Knockoff - June 4, 2022
- A Taste of Country: 12 Copycat Pioneer Woman Recipes - June 3, 2022