Make Your Own Concession Stand
It may be cold with winter approaching, but that isn’t stop the editors at AllFreeCopycatRecipes.com from grilling up some hot dogs. We used our brand new Waring Pro Hot Dog Griller to make a round of lunchtime hot dogs and the staff at the office was mighty happy. Naturally, arguments over the correct toppings for a hot dog ensued. Personally, I am from Chicago and would never eat my hot dog with ketchup! We call that hot dog blasphemy in these parts. We stuck with some traditionally accepted Chicago-style toppings like chopped onions and mustard. After much consideration, we decided to open our minds and check out how other cities dress their dogs.
- The Chicago-Style Dog – No ketchup allowed and a load of other perfect toppings (yes I am biased).
- The Kansas City Dog from The Kitchen Life of a Navy Wife – If you married barbecue cooking to a hot dog…
- The Sonoran Hot Dog – from Touch the Southwest – This tex-mex dog originates in Arizona. First the dog is wrapped in bacon because why not and then topped with what you might find on a taco.
- The Detroit-Style Dog – Otherwise known as a “Coney dog” is topped with chili like the A & W Copycat Coney Island Sauce seen below, plus all your favorite chili condiments like cheddar cheese and onions.
- The New York Dog from Buttery Books – Sometimes known as the “dirty water dog” for reasons better left undiscussed. The sauteed onions make this hot dog recipe!
- Bacon-Wrapped Hot Dog – No explanation needed because this is so obviously delicious!
- The Corn Dog – Texas claims to have a hold on this bun-less variety, but any state fair is sure to be selling them.
Condiment and Sauce Recipes to Put on Your Dog
- Homemade Pickle Relish – A necessary part of a Chicago-style dog.
- A & W Copycat Coney Island Sauce – This is the iconic chili to put on a Detroit-based hot dog. Meaty and savory….
- Homemade Mustard from Liz the Chef – A must-make.
- Copycat Dairy Queen Chili Sauce – Meat “meets” meat when you add this meaty chili to your hot dog.
Make Your Own Hot Dog Buns Too!
If you are feeling like a true copycat than you simply must try your hand at making homemade hot dog buns. These Homemade Brioche Hot Dog Buns are easy and will bring that much more freshness to your hot dog eating experience.
The Waring Pro Hot Dog Griller makes it easy as can be to grill up your favorite hot dogs and sausages. The machine is simple to use with the flip of a button. This month at AllFreeCopycatRecipes.com we are giving away (1) Waring Pro Hot Dog Griller to (1) lucky winner! You have until December 15th at midnight to enter here.