Since we are hosting our first Twitter Party this week, we thought we would let everyone know how easy it is to join in the fun. A Twitter Party is simply a way to use Twitter as a meet up spot. There is usually a defined agenda with a Twitter Party and a set date and time. In order to join a party and ask questions or post your own comments, you will need a Twitter account. This should take less than five minutes and will be your ticket into the soiree. We are the hosts of our Twitter Parties and will lead the conversation or post questions to our guests but we would love to hear your comments and perhaps answer your questions.
Why Join in a Twitter Party?
Since Twitter Parties are typically about a particular topic, it is a great way to get a fountain of information in a very short period of time. It is also a way to share what you know or ask your own questions. And if you are looking for likeminded people, this is the place to see them all in one spot. Since you are all going to the party because of an interest in the topic, you all already have so much in common. It is a great way to interact and connect with people right from the comfort of your home. Oh, and sometimes there is a giveaway at these parties which is also a good reason to attend!
How do I get into the Party?
All you need to do is, join the party on TweetChat.com by logging in to your Twitter account and entering the hashtag #recipechat. A hashtag is the way that Twitter finds all the posts about this one topic. People posting questions and comments in the party use this hashtag so that the posts are easily found. By using TweetChat.com, it will automatically enter the hashtag for you with every post you type while on this site. You can also go to our Twebevent and login to your Twitter account there to join in the fun.
Now I am in the Party, What do I do?
- Great, you got your party hat on and your ready to roll. All you need to do is read along with the #recipechat feed. It will look like a chat room and you will be able to see what everyone at the party is posting. You will also be able to see us, @RecipeLion, as the host asking questions and talking to everyone.
- It is a good idea to post something on Twitter letting your own followers know that you are attending the party and that you may be tweeting a lot for the next hour because of it. They may either join the party or know what your tweets mean for that time period.
- Then, if you see something in the party you would like to chime in on, go ahead! Just send out a tweet with your question or comment and you are in the feed. And don’t be shy to just tweet away, we would love to hear what you have to say!
Some Important Points
- Twitter Parties move pretty quickly, don’t let that discourage you. The more parties you attend the better you will become at being a guest at the party. Also, remember that we are the hosts and you can always just pay close attention to the host and the guest because it will most likely be a question and answer event.
- Be sure and follow us on Twitter! Not only because of these cool parties which you won’t want to miss but we also post about our contests, giveaways, new recipes, and so much more!
- Make special note of the time of the Twitter Party, sometimes the time zones can be confusing but we always post our times in EST so be sure to pay special attention to when that is in your corner of the world.
That’s all there is to it!
You are all set to attend your first Twitter Party. And our first Twitter Party will be tomorrow night, October 11th at 9p EST with our special guest, Faith Durand, author of Not Your Mother’s Casseroles. And as a special incentive, we will be giving away three copies of the book to three people who tweet during the Twitter Party tomorrow night. Winners will be announced at the end of the party on.