Bisquick has been a staple of the American kitchen ever since it hit the market in 1931. Bisquick is perfect because it is inexpensive, easy to use and always reliable. Most people think of Bisquick as just for pancakes or breakfast food, but Bisquick is versatile and has a wide variety of uses. Make a delicious 3 course meal all with recipes that feature Bisquick.
Course 1: Garlic Cheese Biscuits
Cooking Time: 10 min
2 cup Bisquick
2/3 cup milk
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1 tablespoon chives, dried
1/4 cup butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Melt butter with the garlic. Set aside and keep warm.
3. Mix Bisquick, milk, chives and cheese until a soft dough forms and beat vigorously 30 seconds.
4. Drop dough by spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Brush garlic butter mixture over warm biscuits before removing from cookie sheet.
Course 2: Impossible Beef Enchilada Pie
1 pound ground beef
1 cup onion; chopped
2 cloves garlic; chopped fine
2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
8 ounce enchilada sauce
2/3 cup tortilla chips; crush fine
2 cup cheddar cheese; shredded
1 1/4 cup milk
3/4 cup Bisquick
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Grease 10″ pie plate. Brown ground beef with onions, then drain grease. Stir in garlic, chili powder, oregano, salt, pepper and 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce.
3. Sprinkle crushed tortilla chips evenly in the pie plate. Top with 1-1/2 cup of the cheese; spread with meat mixture.
4. Beat milk, eggs and Bisquick until smooth, 15 seconds in blender on high. Pour into pie plate. Bake until knife comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes.
5. Spread remaining sauce over top, sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake until cheese is melted, 3-5 minutes longer. Cool 10 minutes before serving. Can top with sour cream if desired.
Course 3: Hawaiian Pineapple Cake
Cooking Time: 45 min
1 can crushed pineapple
2 cup Bisquick
1 cup flour, sifted
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup sour cream
1 3/4 cup sugar
1 cup margarine
2 teaspoon vanilla
2 large eggs
1/4 cup rum
1/4 cup pineapple syrup from can
1. Drain pineapple, saving syrup.
2. Stir Bisquick, flour and baking soda together. Beat 1 cup sugar, sour cream, 1/2 cup margarine and vanilla together for 2 minutes. Add flour mixture and beat 1 minute more. Mix in pineapple and 2 tablespoons rum.
3. Pour into a well greased 9 inch Bundt pan and bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes or until done.
4. To make the glaze, combine 3/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup margarine and pineapple can syrup in a sauce pan and stir over low heat to blend. Add 2 tablerspoons of rum and stir well.
5. Remove from oven and spoon half the glaze over cake. Let stand 10 minutes, then turn out on plate and spoon on remaining glaze.
- 15 Best Healthy Recipes for Your New Year’s Resolutions - December 29, 2022
- 14 Healthy Soup Recipes For When You Have the Sniffles - December 28, 2022
- 7 Day Healthy Meal Plan for Beginners - December 23, 2022