One of my favorite things to make during Summer are desserts, specifically desserts using fresh, in-season fruits – like strawberries! To me there’s not much better than a sweet, chilled no bake strawberry pie. It’s too simple to make and too easy to eat, plus it doesn’t require turning on your oven (which is ideal for Summer!).
You know what else is amazing about a strawberry pie, it really doesn’t have all that much added sugar, the strawberries are so sweet you don’t need it! So follow along with me below as I show you just how simple this pie recipe is to make. I love it!
Recipe: Easy Fresh Strawberry Pie
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoon strawberry gelatin
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 quart fresh strawberries
- Combine water, sugar and cornstarch. Boil together for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and add strawberry gelatin and lemon juice. Cool slightly, add fresh strawberries and mix lightly.
- Pour into cooled 9″ baked pie crust or graham cracker crust. Chill for at least 2 hours or until nice and cold.
- Serve with whipped cream or instant vanilla pudding
If using frozen strawberries, increase cornstarch to 3 tablespoons and gelatin to 4 1/2 tablespoons.
If you’re using fresh berries, be sure to remove the hulls from your strawberries before chopping them. It makes it much easier to place to halve afterwards.
Number of servings (yield): 8
Meal type: dessert
So easy right? This makes a great carry along to a potluck or even just a fun weeknight dessert. If you want to check out some more amazing no bake desserts explore this collection of 16 Cool No Bake Dessert Recipes. Enjoy!
This recipe was part of our sister site and friend FaveDietsBlog.com’s latest Blog Hop, the theme is – Best Dishes You’ve Made This Month. You should check out all the awesome recipes people are sharing!