How to Make Lasagna Like a Pro
Lasagna is usually one of those foods you just have to get at your favorite Italian restaurant. A great lasagna recipe has loads of cheese, meat or vegetables, and perfect noodles. We often daydream of the layers upon layers of cheesiness. A perfect lasagna recipe, like they have at Olive Garden or Carrabba’s, defines comfort food for us at AllFreeCopycatRecipes.com. So why not make lasagna in the “comfort” of your own home? Follow these tips and recipes and you will be making the best lasagna recipes your town has ever seen!
- For a completely “no-fuss” lasagna recipe use no-boil noodles. It saves time and you don’t have to wash an extra pot!
- For a healthier take on our favorite comfort food, you can substitute zucchini for the noodles. It looks great and even tastes great too.
- Lasagna recipes don’t have to be strictly Italian recipes. You can get creative and change the spices to create different flavor profiles. Mexican-style lasagnas and buffalo chicken lasagna are not unheard of these days. There is no wrong way to make lasagna! Check out our recipes below for great ideas.
- Try baking your lasagna with aluminum foil covering the top until the last 15 minutes. That way you can let it get nice and bubbly brown without burning it.
- Do not cut into that lasagna recipe right away. As tempting as a hot lasagna can be, if you wait at least 15 minutes, the lasagna will hold up much better when you cut into it.
- Homemade Carrabba’s Lasagna (pictured above left) – These tall stacks of cheese, meat, and sauce cannot be missed.
- Copycat Olive Garden Florentine Lasagna from Copykat – You will not be missing the meat in this lasagna recipe. Fresh spinach and mushrooms add plenty to this recipe.
- Olive Garden Copycat Lasagna Primavera (pictured above right) – This classic Olive Garden recipe is easily recreated at home.
- Imitation Olive Garden Lasagna Rollata Al Forno from A True Love Story – This is Olive Garden’s most modern take on the classic dish. The lasagna isn’t layered, but rolled up.
- Knockoff Olive Garden Five Cheese Lasagna – We are easily pleased with this ultra cheese infused Olive Garden recipe.
- Homemade Olive Garden Chocolate Lasagna from Deal Wise Mommy – How could we not love a lasagna made of chocolate? I mean, really.
- 3-Cheese Lasagna Dip – This recipe comes from our sister site, AllFreeCasseroleRecipes.com. Lasagna dips are super popular right now and the perfect “throw together” appetizer recipe.
Win a Microplane Elite Series Set
This week at AllFreeCopycatRecipes.com we are giving away a 5-piece Microplane Elite Series Set. This professional quality set would be a great addition to any kitchen. The graters vary in size and shape. You can grate beautiful ribbons of chocolate or slivers of Parmesan cheese. Read more about this great kitchen set in our review. You have until February 2nd, 2014 to enter here.
- Recipes from World War II : 17 “Cooking on the Homefront” Recipes - February 25, 2021
- 10 Easy Recipes That Will Save You a Trip to the Grocery Store - February 23, 2021
- Top 10 Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes - February 14, 2021