One of the nicest things about pumpkin bread is that there are many different pumpkin bread recipes from which you can choose. Another very nice thing about pumpkin bread is that it is relatively easy to make. For the most part, you combine all your dry ingredients in one bowl and combine all your wet ingredients in another bowl. Then you combine them, pour into your bread pans, and bake. An easy pumpkin bread recipe doesn’t get much easier than that!
Here are two examples of how to make pumpkin bread. One pumpkin bread recipe has cranberries in it, which is a natural companion to the other Fall flavor that pumpkin brings to the table. To show you that easy things can get even easier, the second pumpkin bread recipe makes use of a bread machine. It incorporates yogurt, which might seem surprising to some folks, but the addition of yogurt to a pumpkin bread recipe gives it additional richness and moisture without adding more oil and fat.
Pumpkin Bread Recipe #1 – Cranberry Pumpkin Bread: Two of the best fruits and vegetables around are cranberry and pumpkin, so this pumpkin bread recipe is a wonderful marriage of the two. Not only that, but it’s easy to make as well! Mix the wet ingredients in one bowl, mix the dry in another, combine – then just bake and eat! How easy is that?
Cooking Time: 1 hr 10 min
- 1 cup canned or cooked pumpkin
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, beat pumpkin, sugar, milk, eggs and butter.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients, then stir into pumpkin mixture.
- Fold in walnuts and cranberries.
- Pour into a greased 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350F degrees for 70 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes; remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
To check out more perfect pumpkin recipes, see our collection here.
Pumpkin Bread Recipe #2 – Yogurt and Pumpkin Bread: This pumpkin bread recipe is so moist and delicious, you’ll hardly believe it! The secret is the yogurt. It gives this pumpkin bread the perfect blend of moistness and acidity, and balances the sweetness of the raisins and sugar quite nicely.
- 2 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 3 cup bread flour
- 3 tablespoon wheat germ
- 3 tablespoon powdered milk
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/3 cup raisins
- Into your bread machine, place all ingredients (except the pecans and raisins) in the order suggested by your manual.
- Process on the raisin bread cycle.
- At the beep add the pecans and raisins and continue baking until done, according to your bread machine owner’s manual.
For more pumpkin recipes, click here.
- Cooking with Soda Pop: 10 Dishes Made with Soft Drinks - May 25, 2022
- 14 Memorial Day Desserts For Every Cookout - May 23, 2022
- 25+ Old Fashioned Recipes from the 40s, 50s, and 60s - May 20, 2022