Roasting pumpkins and making pumpkin seeds is what fall is all about! Pumpkin flavored everything can be found at all your favorite restaurants and cafes. From pumpkin muffins to pumpkin soups, you will love all recipes with pumpkin once you start roasting your own. Follow this step-by-step tutorial for roasting a pumpkin and get into the fall spirit.
You can use the roasted pumpkin to make any number of easy pumpkin recipes. First, use the pumpkin seeds to make homemade roasted pumpkin seeds. Then use the roasted pumpkin to make a side dish, pumpkin soup, homemade pumpkin puree, and much more! On AllFreeCopycatRecipes.com we have loads of great pumpkin recipes to make with your perfectly roasted pumpkin.
- 1 sugar pumpkin
- non-stick cooking spray
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F
1. Cut the stem off the top of the pumpkin. This will make cutting the pumpkin in half much easier.
*Tip* Use a large and sharp chef’s knife!
2. Cut the pumpkin in half. Then cut into quarters or a manageable size.
3. Place the cut-up pieces of pumpkin on a large sheet pan.
4. Spray the pumpkin pieces with non-stick cooking spray.
Bake in the preheated oven for 45-60 minutes, or until fork tender.
After roasting your pumpkin, the uses for the roasted pumpkin are endless. You can make pumpkin puree in a food processor and turn that into any number of delicious pumpkin recipes. See how to make pumpkin puree here!
You can also roast the reserved pumpkin seeds for an easy and delicious snack during fall. See our full tutorial on How to Roast Pumpkin Seeds here.
What is your favorite fall activity?
- New Year, New You: 7 Dump Dinners for the New Year! - January 20, 2022
- Take-out Fakeout: 8 Chinese Food Recipes You Can Make at Home - January 17, 2022
- Cowboy Crescent Roll Casserole Recipe - December 19, 2021