The end of summer is a sweet time thanks to all the different varieties of berries that are in season. My personal favorite berry, the blueberry, is readily available fresh by the time August rolls around. When compared with other late summer berries, blueberries are the most versatile in the kitchen. On weekday mornings, I enjoy throwing fresh blueberries into some yogurt and granola. The tartness works particularly in desserts.
One of the best recipes for blueberries is blueberry pancakes. The berry adds a fresh zesty flavor to fluffy pancakes. As a kid, I loved watching the white plates turn purple, stained by the blueberries, when eating blueberry pancakes. My favorite blueberry pancakes recipes calls for soy flour and soy milk, but using all regular flour and regular milk works great too. You can use frozen blueberries, but when ripe nothing beats the flavor of fresh blueberries.
- 1 1/2 cup soy flour
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 3 cup vanilla soy milk
- 4 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cup blueberries
1. Mix soy flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, eggs, soy milk, oil and blueberries until moistened.
2. Spray skillet or griddle with non-stick cooking spray. Skillet heat should be medium high; griddle heat 350 degrees F.
3. Pour 1/2 cup pancake batter on griddle for each pancake. When top bubbles, flip to other side. Cook until done throughout.
- 14 Healthy Soup Recipes For When You Have the Sniffles - December 28, 2020
- 15 Best Healthy Recipes for Your New Year’s Resolutions - December 26, 2020
- 7 Day Healthy Meal Plan for Beginners - December 14, 2020