This is the second part of a five-recipe series. To read part 1 of the series, click here.
I still remember the first time I ate a ripe peach. I was six years old, and my mother handed me a piece of fruit I thought was an overripe apple. I bit into the peach and juice began dripping down my chin. My mouth became subsumed with flavor. Since then, peaches have become one of my favorite fruits. I always get excited the first time in the season I see fresh peaches at my local market. During the cool nights of late summer, nothing beats being outside with friends and family enjoying fresh produce like peaches.
As much as I love fresh peaches, my favorite thing to do with peaches is to cook with them. The slight tartness and sweetness of peaches lends itself well to a variety of savory. However, nothing beats a dessert with fresh peaches. Over the summer, my favorite peach recipe to make is Crock Pot Peach Cobbler. This is a classic delicious dessert that does not heat up the house during those hot summer days.
3/4 cup all-purpose baking mix, such as Bisquick
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 can evaporated milk
2 teaspoons margarine or butter, melted
3 large ripe peaches, mashed
2 teaspoons vanilla
3/4 tsp. cinnamon
- Lightly grease Crock Pot or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and baking mix. Add eggs and vanilla. Stir.
- Pour in margarine and milk and stir. Mix in peaches and cinnamon, until well mixed.
- Pour into Crock Pot. Cover and cook on Low for 6-8 hours or on High for 3-4 hours.
- Serve warm. Top with vanilla ice cream if desired.
- 14 Healthy Soup Recipes For When You Have the Sniffles - December 28, 2020
- 15 Best Healthy Recipes for Your New Year’s Resolutions - December 26, 2020
- 7 Day Healthy Meal Plan for Beginners - December 14, 2020