When it comes to Easter recipes for leftovers, there’s plenty you can do with ham or other main dish extras. But what to do with all that leftover Easter candy? A little bunny told us that you can round up all those egg-shaped goodies and create a whole new, exciting candy. Homemade candy bark is basically delicious, and you can’t go wrong. Look no further than this sweet spring dessert.
This homemade candy recipe, by Barbara Becker for RecipeLion.com, rounds up all those odds and ends like M&Ms and malted milk balls to make a chocolatey, milky candy bark. You can give this candy bark to family and friends! It’s time for spring cleaning, and no one wants all that extra candy cluttering up the cupboard.
Honestly, this candy is also super cute. Those bright spring colors are easy on the eyes, making this recipe a seasonal delight. This easy homemade candy recipe only takes 5 minutes to prepare, so with a hop in your step, you’ll have this yummy Easter candy bark in no time.
Leftover Easter Candy Bark Recipe
- 1 pound bittersweet chocolate, chopped or bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 small bag pretzels, broken into pieces
- Easter M&Ms (or substitute your leftover Easter candy)
- Mighty Malts Speckled Malted Milk Balls (or substitute your leftover Easter candy)
- 3 ounces white chocolate
- Melt bittersweet chocolate in a microwave safe bowl for 90 seconds and stir. Continue microwaving in 30-second intervals until completely melted, stirring each time.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spread bittersweet chocolate with a rubber spatula onto baking sheet. Sprinkle pretzels, Easter M&Ms, and malted milk balls (or substitute your leftover Easter candy) on top of chocolate, gently press it down with your hand flat.
- Melt white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl for 60 seconds. Drizzle on top of Easter candy.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes or until hard. Break into pieces or cut into squares with a knife.
P.S. Laugh with us (or at us) as we try all the weirdest Easter candy we could find!
What Easter candy would you use for this recipe?
Latest posts by RecipeLion (see all)
- Erin Go Bragh! 15 St. Patrick’s Day Easy Dinner Recipes - March 6, 2020
- Crazy Cheap: 8 Budget-Friendly Potato Recipes - March 3, 2020
- How to Make the Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies For Your Love - February 20, 2020