Given a choice between deli meat and deli salads, I nearly always choose deli salads. They’re just so much more interesting than your typical sandwich. Though, I’ll admit I didn’t know that chicken salad recipes, egg salad recipes and tuna salad recipes were called “deli salads” until recently. It’s not the kind of thing you’d think about until you become a die-hard foodie.
The bonding ingredient for deli salads is usually mayo, so it’s no wonder why they’re addictive. The mayo ensures that you won’t have a dry, boring sandwich. Add some celery or relish in there, and things get really exciting.
In summer, I usually go for light, tasty lunches that pair well with fruit – and honestly, not much tastes better with a handful of grapes than a chicken salad sandwich. Actually, I really like cutting up grapes and adding them to my chicken salad for a more summery flavor. Deli salads are surprisingly quick and easy, which makes them perfect for weekday lunches.
There are plenty of recipes out there to change up your deli salad recipes for summer. We gathered some of our favorites so you can make lunch more interesting.
This blog post is part of our Link Love series, where we give some love to bloggers we admire. Check out last week’s link love: 15 Cowboy Casseroles.
Link Love: 18 Deli Salad Recipes for Summer
Chicken Salad Recipes
- 14 Easy Chicken Salad Recipes
- Picnic Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- No-Fail Chicken Salad
- Apple Bacon Chicken Salad for One from Dashing Dish
- Paleo Basil Avocado Chicken Salad from Paleo Cupboard
- Awesome Chicken Salad with Grapes and Walnuts from bowl of delicious!
Egg Salad Recipes
- 12 Easy Egg Salad Recipes
- Classic Egg Salad Sandwich
- Lightened Up Egg Salad
- The Best Egg Salad from Serious Eats
- Egg Salad Recipe from Two Peas and Their Pod
- Mushroom and Egg Salad from Natasha’s Kitchen
Tuna Salad Recipes
- 14 Easy Tuna Salad Recipes
- 5-Ingredient Classic Tuna Macaroni Salad
- Southwest Tuna Salad Sandwich
- Avocado Tuna Salad from The Healthy Maven
- Tuna Salad with Apples and Pumpkin Seeds from Against All Grain
- You’re the Top Tuna Salad from The Clothes Make The Girl