Cake mix recipes are perfect for lazy people like me. I love that in just a few steps, I can take a cake from store-bought to homemade. So what if I took some shortcuts? Shortcuts are a benefit of living in the modern world – and between work and our social lives, we definitely have less time for baking than Grandma did.
Poke cake recipes are just the ticket for truly impressive, quick desserts that everyone will love. Have a potluck coming up? Bring one of these and you’ll be a potluck hero, for sure. Even potluck paranoia doesn’t stand a chance from an irresistible poke cake.
If you’re not familiar with poke cakes, it’s an easy concept. When you’re done baking a cake mix recipe, stab your cake with a cake and then fill it with chocolate, vanilla, flavored juice – there are many possibilities. The idea is that you end up with a gooey, deliciously creamy cake.
Here’s our collection of the best poke cakes from TheBestDessertRecipes.com and foodie blogs we love.
This blog post is part of our Link Love series, where we give some love to bloggers we admire. Check out last week’s link love: 18 Deli Salad Recipes.
Link Love: 10 Poke Cake Recipes for Lazy Girls
- Lovely Lemon Poke Cake
- OMG Oreo Poke Cake
- Classic Chocolate Poke Cake
- Strawberry Shortcake Mason Jar Poke Cakes
- Triple Coconut Poke Cake
- Better Than Anything Peach Poke Cake
- Easy Grasshopper Poke Cake
- Banana Pudding Poke Cake from The Country Cook
- Boston Cream Pie Poke Cake from Hugs and Cookies XOXO
- Pineapple Poke Cake from Dole
- Hawaiian Poke Cake from Mr. Food
- Cherry Almond Poke Cake from Hoosier Handmade
- Death by Mocha Poke Cake from The Crumbly Cake
- Cherry Vanilla Coke Poke Cake from Tidy Mom
What’s your favorite kind of cake?
- 21 No-Bake Desserts for Grad Parties + The Best Oreo Balls Ever - April 9, 2021
- Gorilla Poop Cookies: No Bake Cookies the Whole Family Will Love - April 2, 2021
- St. Patrick’s Day Mini Rainbow Cupcakes Recipe - March 12, 2021