In the winter, it’s acceptable to binge on cookies and cake because – hello, it’s the holidays! But then summer comes along, you wear less layers, and suddenly you don’t really want to be eating so many carbs. You become a little more health-aware, come summertime.
It’s not like you need to be on a total diet, but if you’re going to frolic on the beach and do other fun, active activities, you don’t want to be bogged down by high carb treats that leave you feeling bloated and tired. But your sweet tooth never goes away, if you’re a true dessert lover. What’s a girl to do?
Thankfully, low carb desserts exist! You can enjoy your favorite dessert flavors while still maintaining a healthy balance in your diet. What could be better? Keep in mind that low carb doesn’t mean sugar-free, fat-free, etc.
What counts as low-carb? To be low-carb, it would be under 10 g of carbohydrates per serving. To be low-calorie, it would be under 40 calories if a snack/dessert/side dish and under 120 calories if it is a meal/main dish. If you’re looking for low calorie meals, check out our fabulous Calorie Counter section.
Here’s a round-up of low carb desserts from FaveHealthyRecipes.com to keep you feeling sweet and slender this summer!
12 Low Carb Desserts for Summer
- 5-Ingredient Cheesecakes for Two
- Sinless Strawberry Shortcake
- Low Carb Key Lime Pie Milkshake
- Low Carb Chocolate Brownies
- Low-Carb Lemon Squares – Our favorite, refreshing summer dessert!
- Low Carb Salted Caramel Cake Pops
- Chocolate Pudding Layer Cake
- Watermelon ‘Donuts’
- Low Carb Chocolate Chip Clouds
- Low Carb Chocolate Chunk Brownies
- Low Carb Scotcharoos
- Powdered Sugar Mini Donuts
Love these recipes? Check out 13 more low carb dessert recipes.
What’s your tip for enjoying sweets on a low carb diet?
Latest posts by FaveHealthyRecipes (see all)
- 20 Easy Vegan Recipe Ideas for Family Get-Togethers - May 18, 2019
- Easy Paleo Casserole Recipes for Summer - May 9, 2019
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts: The One Brussels Sprouts Recipe You Need in Your Life - April 9, 2019