Gravy can mean many different things to you, depending on where you are from and what you are serving the gravy with. There are brown gravies made with the drippings from a roast. There are also many white gravy recipes meant to be served over biscuits or with breakfast food. On AllFreeCopycatRecipes.com, we have your favorite restaurant recipes for gravy. Forget using canned gravy, and try the KFC-Style Gravy or this Cracker Barrel Copycat Sawmill Gravy tonight!
Make the World’s best gravy with this copycat Cracker Barrel recipe. It is perfect over biscuits, mashed potatoes, and basically everything it touches! Use this gravy recipe on Thanksgiving this year and wow everyone with your culinary abilities.
- 1/2 package bacon, chopped
- 1/4 cup fried meat grease
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 sausage patty, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- After frying the chopped bacon in a saucepan, reserve 1/4 cup of grease to be used in the gravy.
- Place the grease back in pan and add the flour. Stir until blended.
- Add milk and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until bubbling and thick.
- Season to taste with salt and coarse ground pepper.
- Add the crumbled sausage and 1/4 cup bacon bits. Stir well and serve.