Even though my family members have never been ones to turn down any kind of dessert, there’s one treat that we make sure we have made for every holiday and get-together: Criss-Cross Cookies. Christmas, New Year’s Day, Easter, birthdays… You name a special event, we probably have at least one batch of these buttery cookies on hand.
Even then, it’s still my Aunt’s special responsibility to make a batch for the holidays, even if other family members are too. In fact, every year, my Aunt Nancy gives my dad a whole tin full of Criss-Cross Cookies as a Christmas gift. Nobody else in my immediate family gets to try one, partially because it was given specifically to him but mostly because the cookies disappear before any of us have a chance to sneak a few.
I really hope you enjoy these cookies as much as I do. Feel free to leave a comment at the end of the post telling me about your experience with these cookies!
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Baking Time: 20-25 minutes
Yield: About 3 dozen cookies
- 2 cups flour
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks), softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Mix all ingredients together with hands until soft. Then, form the dough into one big ball.
What’s your family’s favorite cookie recipe?
- 21 No-Bake Desserts for Grad Parties + The Best Oreo Balls Ever - April 9, 2021
- Gorilla Poop Cookies: No Bake Cookies the Whole Family Will Love - April 2, 2021
- St. Patrick’s Day Mini Rainbow Cupcakes Recipe - March 12, 2021