We’re back again for another edition of August National Food Holidays. It’s week three, and hopefully you’ve had the opportunity to try some amazing recipes. We have some really exciting recipes coming up for the 3rd week of August. So, sit back, relax, and enjoy these amazing food holiday recipes.
Note: If you are super confused, I am posting weekly blog posts on the national August food holidays for the upcoming week. Each week will feature at least seven unique recipes that correlate with the national food holiday for that specific day. The blog posts will be available each Friday.
If you missed the previous posts, don’t worry! We have you covered.
Click HERE for the 1st week of National Food Holidays.
Click HERE for the 2nd week of National Food Holidays.
- Lemon Meringue Pie Day
- Recipe of the Day: Aunt Irene’s Old-Fashioned Lemon Meringue Pie
- Whoever chose August 15th to be Lemon Meringue Pie Day is a genius. By this point in the season, a fluffy, light, lemon dessert is exactly what everyone needs. To help you celebrate this fantastic day, try Aunt Irene’s Old-Fashioned Lemon Meringue Pie. Plus, it’s Julia Child’s birthday today! She did so much for the cooking community, so you should definitely celebrate her birthday with lemon meringue pie.
- Bratwurst Day
- Recipe of the Day: Loaded Bratwurst Stew
- Brats are a classic summer meal, but they can get a bit boring if you prepare them the same way every time. For this national food holiday, you’ll love this Loaded Bratwurst Stew. You’ll absolutely love this stew, and it’ll become one of your favorite brat recipes.
- National Rum Day
- Recipe of the Day: Three Ingredient Spiced Rum Pumpkin Cake
- August 16th celebrates two national food holidays, and, once again, I couldn’t decide which one I wanted to celebrate, so I chose both of them. We’ve already covered Bratwurst Day with the Loaded Bratwurst Stew, and now we’ll celebrate National Rum Day with this amazing Three Ingredient Spiced Rum Pumpkin Cake. You’ll love that it only requires three ingredients, and it’s so simple that you can make it on a daily basis.
- National Vanilla Custard Day
- Recipe of the Day: Vanilla Custard Cups
- Cool off on August 17th with this amazing National Food Holiday. I know that these Vanilla Custard Cups will be sure to satisfy everyone. I know this because I may have already made this recipe many times before. But, don’t worry! I love these custard cups so much that I’m definitely going to be making them again this week.
- National Soft Ice Cream Day
- Recipe of the Day: S’mores Homemade Ice Cream
- This may be may favorite day this week. My friends and family all know that I am addicted to ice cream. I can eat it everyday for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and I’ll never get tired of the dessert. This is the one recipe on this page that I haven’t tried yet. Never fear, I’ll definitely be trying this S’mores Homemade Ice Cream on August 18th. This ice cream looks amazing, but I’m sure it tastes even better than it looks.
- Potato Day
- Recipe of the Day: Grandma’s Favorite Mashed Potatoes
- It seems like we’ve had a ton of sweet treats this week. We’re going to take a break from the sweets with Potato Day. There are so many delicious potato recipes that it was hard to choose which one to share with you. But, I’ve finally decided to share Grandma’s Favorite Mashed Potatoes. You’ll want to keep this recipe handy for when the holidays roll around.
- Lemonade Day
- Recipe of the Day: Pink Lemonade Freezer Bars
- When life gives you lemons, you should make these Pink Lemonade Freezer Bars. After trying these yummy bars, you’re going to want every day to be August 20th. Lucky for you, I won’t stop you from celebrating Lemonade Day year round. If you really want to celebrate this National Holiday, you should pair this dessert with a cold glass of lemonade.
- National Pecan Torte Day
- Recipe of the Day: Mini Chocolate Pecan Cakes
- Whew… we are almost done with our third week of National Food Holidays! The best way to celebrate the conclusion of our third week is with these Mini Chocolate Pecan Cakes. I know that they aren’t technically pecan tortes, but they are so delicious that I had to make an exception. Once you try them for the first time, I’m sure that you’ll forgive me.
Which is your favorite food day this week?