In case you haven’t noticed, we love celebrating national dessert holidays! National Rice Krispie Treat Day, National Hard Candy Day, National Brownies at Brunch Month… We love them all. On one hand, we can’t possibly think of enough types of dessert to celebrate one every day of the year. However, on the other hand, we feel like 365 days is not nearly enough time to celebrate all of the sweet treats in the world. What a conundrum.
Anyway, in case you weren’t previously aware, today is National Pie Day (not to be confused with “Pi Day” which is celebrated with pies)! We’re so excited to celebrate a dessert that really brings people together, both young and old. Plus, it’s pretty important during the holiday season and during all of autumn in general. After all, what would Thanksgiving be without pie? Sure, people may come for the turkey, but they definitely stay for the pie.
That’s not to say that pie isn’t delicious and fabulous during all times of the year. They warm us up during the insanely cold winter months, give us an excuse to bake with fresh fruits during the summer, and inspire us to make pie-flavored desserts. We can’t help but sing the praises of pie, especially on National Pie Day!
There are a few ways that you can celebrate National Pie Day this year:
- Eat a slice of pie during each meal of the day. (National Pie Day only comes once a year, so why not just go all out?)
- Use the phrase “easy as pie” in almost everything that you do during the day.
- Visit your local Baker’s Square or another restaurant that specializes in pie.
- Watch a few Three Stooges episodes where they throw pies in each others’ faces. We specifically suggest the short “In the Sweet Pie and Pie” that has the awesome fight shown in the video below.
- 9 Bite-Sized Picnic Desserts for a Sweet Summer Day - June 9, 2021
- 9 Italian Dessert Recipes That Will Transport You to Rome - May 17, 2021
- Quick and Easy Vanilla Dessert Lasagna - May 14, 2021
But, the best way to celebrate National Pie Day is to make your own homemade pies! Here are a few of our favorite pie recipes:
Oh, and before we let you go enjoy this pie-centric holiday, we just wanted to let you know that we’re giving away free toffee from Tiddleywink Toffee! The giveaway runs until midnight on February 2nd, so make sure to get your entry in any day before then for your chance to win. Trust us when we say that you’ll definitely love this toffee and you won’t want to miss this giveaway.
What’s your all-time favorite pie recipe or type of pie?