We can’t tell you how much we enjoy recipes with bacon. Let’s face it, bacon makes everything taste better. You wouldn’t believe it, but there are even some mouthwatering dessert recipes that have bacon in them. We don’t think that is too far, in fact, we also think wrapping bacon around meat not only makes the meal taste better, but also gives the dish an unforgettable flavor that you just can’t get by simply putting bacon on top of it. The flavors need to be infused together to get the ultimate bacon flavor that we all love.
This delicious recipe comes from our friends the Two Old Crabs. Bacon is wrapped around seasoned burgers and baked until it is golden brown, and then tossed on the grill for that smokey grill flavor. Basted with barbeque sauce, Bacon Wrapped Cheeseburger Sliders have a tangy savory flavor that is perfect for any gathering. This is better than your average burger recipes. We hope that you enjoy them and happy eating!
Bacon Wrapped Cheeseburger Sliders
- 1 1/2 pounds of lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 pounds of bacon
- 1 egg
- 4 slices of Cheddar cheese
- 1 envelope of onion soup mix
- 1/2 teaspoons of crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoons of chipotle powder
- 1/2 cup of ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 cup of K.C. Masterpiece bbq sauce
1. Chop & fry 1/2 lb. bacon
2. In medium size bowl, mix ground beef, egg, soup mix, crushed red pepper, chipotle powder, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt & pepper.
3. Mix by hand until completely blended.
4. On cutting board, arrange 10 strips of bacon in a checkerboard pattern. With your hands, divide the ground beef into quarters.
5. Press each one into a wide patty, then place it on the checkerboard bacon.
6. When all four patties are on the bacon, press them together at the seams to form one large patty.
7. Place cheddar cheese slices on ground beef.
8. Cover with crispy, cooked bacon pieces.
9. Roll up, jelly roll style, being careful that the bacon checkerboard doesn’t fall apart.
10. Place on backing sheet, seam side down.
11. Grill in the pan on low temperature with indirect heat until done or bake in a 350 degrees F oven for 45 minutes.
12. Baste all over with bbq sauce. Bake for 10 more minutes in oven or on outdoor grill.
13. After removing from heat, let the meat rest for 10 minutes.Remove entire bacon/ground beef log to cutting board.
14. Split slider rolls & toast until golden brown.
15. Slice bacon wrapped cheeseburger log into 8 10 pieces.
16. Serve on slider rolls with condiments.
Latest posts by RecipeLion (see all)
- The Ultimate No Bake Dessert: Stuffed Strawberries - June 24, 2019
- 15 Quick Casserole Recipes for Busy Nights - June 23, 2019
- 17 Summer BBQ Recipes For a Crowd - June 18, 2019