A southern favorite, pulled pork is a recipe that can be enjoyed year round. No matter how you prepare it, the outcome is always delicious. Usually slow cooked so you can “pull apart” the meat, it absorbs every ingredient and spice. Plus, you get to enjoy it with your favorite barbecue sauce and add a tangy twist to it. Finger-licking good, you’ll need a wet nap to clean off your face and fingers when you’re done.
Perfect for any game-day, pulled pork has become a staple of tailgating food. It’s the tangy flavor of the barbecue sauce mixed with the sweet and savory flavor of the pork all plopped together on a bun that makes it so delicious. It’s something you can hold in one hand and cheer with the other.
This southern classic comes from our friends the Two Old Crabs. Cooked in Coke and onions to give the pork a sweet flavor and to tenderize the meat as it cooks, it truly is a recipe that will have you enjoying bite after bite. Smothered in your favorite barbeque sauce and served on a bun or a roll, the only thing left for you to do is to enjoy it. And the best part is that if you have leftovers, you can toss it in the freezer and it enjoy for another meal some other day. Happy eating!
BBQ Pulled Pork
- 2-3 lbs. country style pork ribs
- 1 bottle favorite vinegar base bbq sauce
- 1 can cola
- 1 bottle favorite catsup base bbq sauce
- fresh ciabatta rolls
1. Place ribs in a large pot.
2. Add vinegar base bbq sauce & can of cola, and onion.
3. Fill with water to cover ribs.
4. Bring to boil & gently simmer 1 hour or until ribs are fork tender.
5. Remove from liquid & let cool.
6. When cool enough to handle, remove any bones or fat.
7. Use your fingers or a fork to shred the pork.
8. Coat well with catsup base bbq sauce & stir to cover.
9. Toast ciabatta rolls & serve with heaping pile of bbq & a side of cole slaw.
- Quick and Easy Dinner Idea: Four-Ingredient OMG Chicken - November 25, 2020
- 4 Turkey Leftover Recipes That Aren’t Turkey Sandwiches - November 20, 2020
- Make-Ahead Baked Eggnog French Toast Recipe - November 16, 2020