With the football season halfway over, now comes the time when you need to start thinking about your Superbowl party recipes. Even if your team doesn’t make it to the playoffs or the big game, you can still enjoy the event. And what better way to celebrate than to stuff your face with delicious appetizer recipes? Or you may want to stuff your face to forget about your team not being up to par (the poor Jacksonville Jaguars). Either way, it is only fair to you and your guests that you serve the best party food.
Onion rings are sometimes pushed aside or forgotten because of french fries. But our recipe for Beer Battered Onion Rings may make you have second thoughts. These delicious rings are perfect for a side with a burger or great as an easy appetizer recipe for your party. Serve them with your favorite ranch dressing or ketchup and crunch away. An all-American feel good food, you won’t be able to stop at just one ring.
Appetizer Recipe: Beer Battered Onion Rings
- 12 ounces bottle dark beer
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup tempura batter mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon season-all
- 2 large onions
- canola oil
- In medium, deep bowl, combine the beer, flour, tempura mix, salt, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce and season-all.
- Whisk until completely blended, with no lumps.
- Cover with plastic wrap.
- Let rest for 2 hours.
- 15 minutes before ready to eat, heat oil to 350 degrees F.
- Slice onion into 1/2â€ 3/4â€ slices & separate the rings, being careful not to break them.
- Dip individual rings into beer batter & place in hot oil.
- Fry until golden brown on one side, then flip to cook the other side.
- Drain on paper towels, then serve hot.
If you love this recipe, be sure to check out all of the other great recipes from the Two Old Crabs.
- 10 BBQ and Grill Recipes to Drool Over This Summer - June 13, 2021
- The Ultimate No Bake Dessert: Stuffed Strawberries - June 4, 2021
- 14 Memorial Day Desserts For Every Cookout - May 25, 2021