Sundays are a perfect time to enjoy something special for dinner, something that you typically wouldn’t make during the week. So, we figure, why not go big and make something you know the family will love? It’s always great when you have the time to make something yummy for dinner.
This delicious recipe for Boneless Beef Short Ribs comes from our friends the Two Old Crabs. Fork-tender, the ribs melt in your mouth. Cooked in a delicious homemade tomato seasoned sauce, serve them up with mashed potatoes and a slice of bread so you don’t miss a single bite. Make your Sunday dinner a special one and try out our delicious Boneless Beef Short Ribs. Beef recipes have never been so good.
Boneless Beef Short Ribs
- 4 short ribs
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, rough chopped
- 1 large carrot, rough chopped
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 2 cups water
- salt & pepper,, to taste
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 bunch fresh thyme, tied into bundle
- Season ribs with salt and pepper. In a stove safe pot or dutch oven, brown ribs in olive oil.
- Turn & brown other side. (Be careful: hot oil splatters!)
- Remove the short ribs and set aside.
- Food process carrots, celery, onion & garlic.
- In same olive oil as used to brown the ribs, cook until soft.
- Add short ribs.
- Tie thyme into bundle.
- Add tomato paste, wine, water, bay leaves & thyme.
- Bring to a gentle boil, then bake in 375 degrees F oven for 1 hour.
- Stir. If needed, add more water.
- Bake 1 more hour. Check for tenderness of meat.
- Delicious Desserts through the Decades - December 1, 2020
- Quick and Easy Dinner Idea: Four-Ingredient OMG Chicken - November 25, 2020
- 4 Turkey Leftover Recipes That Aren’t Turkey Sandwiches - November 20, 2020