Great appetizer recipes can make or break your party or family get together. So, don’t just put out chips and dip this time. Do something to “wow” your guests and make something that will have them coming back for more. It’s not a party unless everyone leaves feeling full.
This wonderful recipe from the Two Old Crabs and takes appetizer recipes to a whole new level of deliciousness, and if you love shrimp, you are in luck. Dipped in a mango sauce, the shrimp are then covered in coconut and baked until they are golden brown. It’s sweet tropical flavor is mouthwatering. Although it is an appetizer, you’re going to want to make these your full meal. Enjoy!
Coconut Shrimp with Mango Sauce
- 1 lime
- 1 mango, halved, seeded, peeled & chopped
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1 pinch salt
- small handful fresh cilantro
- 9 peeled & deveined large/extra large shrimp
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In small food processor, combine 1 teaspoon lime peel, juice from whole lime, 1 cup chopped mango, honey and cayenne.
- Cover & process until smooth.
- Remove half of the mango sauce into a small bowl.
- Transfer remaining mango sauce into serving bowl & garnish with lime peel & fresh cilantro.
- Rinse shrimp & pat dry.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Place coconut in shallow dish.
- Dip shrimp in the 1/4 cup mango sauce and then cover in coconut, pressing to coat.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 10 minutes, or until coconut is golden & shrimp are cooked through.
- Serve with dipping sauce, remaining chopped mango, cilantro, and lime wedges.
Latest posts by RecipeLion (see all)
- 4 Turkey Leftover Recipes That Aren’t Turkey Sandwiches - November 17, 2019
- Your Dump and Go Meal Plan - October 21, 2019
- Exclusive: Bacon Cheeseburger Walking Tacos - October 19, 2019