It’s time to lighten up! Fresh for summer, this new recipe from featured foodie Tara Noland is sure to hit the spot. Add something crunchy and delicious to your menu rotation this season with Copycat Wendy’s Pecan Chicken Salad. Fast food salads are a great option to save a little dough but enjoy a bounty of fresh fruits and vegetables. If you’re in the mood to pass on the cheeseburgers at the BBQ, this salad is a perfect option.
Not only are salads healthy, but they are simple, no bake options that can easily accommodate food allergies and other dietary restrictions. If you love copycat recipes, this Wendy’s inspired knockoff is a perfect pick that will leave you feeling happy and full. It’s a great dish that mixes savory and sweet, with apples and nuts adding the perfect amount of snap. It’s sure to become a summer favorite for everyone! For more salad recipes inspired by your favorite restaurants, visit AllFreeCopycatRecipes.com!
Copycat Wendy’s Apple Pecan Chicken Salad
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, torn
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 100 grams cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup roasted pecans
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/8 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 chopped green apple
- 1/2 chopped gala apple
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For the dressing mix all the ingredients together in a jar and shake well, set aside. For the salad on a large dinner plate lay out the romaine and top with the mixed greens.
- Next, place the cooked chicken on top followed by the pecans, cranberries, green and gala apple and then the blue cheese. Drizzle with about 1/4 to 1/3 of the dressing.
- Refrigerate remaining dressing.
For more great recipes from Tara, be sure to check out her featured foodie profile on AllFreeCopycatrecipes.com and her blog, Noshing With the Nolands.
What’s your favorite easy summer salad to make? Be sure to let us know in the comments.