Baked beans have become a staple of any barbeque or picnic, but they also make for a great game day snack. Their sweet and savory flavor make for a perfect side that goes with about any type of dish. The best part about them is that they are super easy to make and will have you eating bowl after bowl.
This delightful recipe comes from our friends the Two Old Crabs. Slow cooked so all of the ingredients mix together, Cowboy Baked Beans are simply incredible. Even if you don’t consider yourself to be a fan of beans, Cowboy Baked Beans have a flavor that will have you coming back for more. Honey, brown sugar and bacon give them a salty and sweet flavor that is loved by all. So, eat like you’re in the old west and have a side of good ole baked beans for dinner.
Cowboy Baked Beans
- 2 large cans pork & beans
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup catsup
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 3 strips thick sliced bacon, chopped
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees F.
- Cut bacon into bite-sized pieces. Fry until crisp and put aside.
- Mix all of the ingredients together. Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, for 2 hours. Serve and enjoy.