Nothing says comfort food like good old fashioned fried chicken recipes. It’s one of those foods that you always seem to crave, even if you had it the night before. We’ve got a delicious new recipe for fried chicken that is not only great for dinner, but is also perfect for an appetizer at your next party or for a game day snack. Serve your guests something you know they’ll love. And you know you can’t go wrong with fried chicken.
Crunchy and packed with a ton of flavor, try Crispy Fried Chicken Wings for supper tonight. Dip them in your favorite kind of sauce and you may find yourself in fried chicken heaven. Seasoned with cayenne pepper, thyme, and garlic powder, each bite is full of flavor. Bring a southern classic to your dinner table and crunch away. Your family will love them and love you for making them. If you like this recipe be sure to check out our recipe for Southern Fried Chicken. It tastes just as good as this one. Enjoy and happy eating!
Crispy Fried Chicken Wings
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 2 pounds chicken wings, tips removed & separated
- 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cups crushed saltine crackers
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 2 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 cups canola oil
- Mix eggs into buttermilk.
- Put wings pieces into buttermilk egg mixture & refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In separate bowl, combine the flour, saltines, pepper, thyme, cayenne, salt & garlic powder.
- Heat canola oil to 350 degrees F.
- 1 or 2 at a time, coat the wing pieces in the flour mixture.
- Carefully place in hot oil & fry until golden brown.
- Remove from the oil & drain on paper towels.
- Taste & if needed, sprinkle with kosher salt while still hot from the oil.