The Cuban sandwich is one of our favorite sandwiches. Made with special Cuban bread, this variation of a grilled and ham cheese sandwich also has roasted pork, Swiss cheese, pickles and mayonnaise on it. Sounds pretty incredible, right? Toasted, so the cheese melts and holds everything together, every bite is simply mouthwatering. It may very well be one of the best sandwich recipes out there.
Our friends, the Two Old Crabs, made a little variation of this classic sandwich. They thought to update their hamburger recipe and give it the Cuban treatment, and we couldn’t be happier. First, the ground beef and ground pork are mixed with special seasonings that complement the ham and Swiss cheese. The burger is then topped with pickles and mayonnaise to bring it all together. A quick fix dish perfect for a weeknight dinner, treat your family to Cuban-Style Hamburgers for supper tonight. Enjoy!
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons minced banana peppers or peperoncini’s
- 3/4 teaspoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices ham
- 4 slices Swiss cheese (or provolone)
- 4 teaspoon mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoon yellow mustard
- sliced pickles
- 4 hamburger buns
- In a large bowl, combine the ground pork and ground beef.
- In a small food processor, mince the banana peppers (or peperoncini’s) and the fresh rosemary. Add these to the meat.
- Add the cumin, garlic, oregano, sage, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Mix the meats well until all the spices are completely combined.
- Shape four large burger patties, then indent the middle of the patty with your thumb to help the middle of the burger cook evenly.
- Broil or grill the burgers until they’re cooked through, approximately 5 minutes per side.
- Toast the buns until they’re a light golden brown.
- Spread each top of the bun with mayonnaise, and spread the mustard on the bottom.
- To assemble the Cuban Burger, place the cooked patty on the bottom bun. Top with a slice of ham, a slice of cheese, and your favorite pickles. Add the top bun and serve with your favorite chips or fries.
- Your Dump and Go Meal Plan - October 17, 2020
- 5 Reasons It’s Totally Okay to Eat Dessert for Breakfast - October 6, 2020
- 12 Healthy Casserole Recipes for Hectic Weeknights - October 4, 2020