We just can’t get enough casserole recipes these days. They are perfect for when you need a quick and easy recipe that the family will love. Plus, they usually involve ingredients that you already have in your refrigerator or pantry. Add in ground beef, chicken, rice or potatoes, a vegetable and some cheese and you have yourself a casserole as well as a new family favorite.
This delicious casserole recipe comes from our friends the Two Old Crabs and will make your casserole dish a real fiesta. The typical Chili Rellenos recipe is a poblano pepper stuffed with cheese and minced meats and then deep fried. With your first bite you can taste the subtle spice of the poblano pepper mixed with the melted cheese, and it is incredible. The Two Old Crabs have modified the traditional recipe and made it into an easy Mexican casserole that taste just as good as the real thing. If you love cheese and Mexican cuisine, try Easy Chili Rellenos Casserole and let us know what you think. Enjoy!
Easy Chili Rellenos Casserole
- 1 (7-ounces) can of whole green chilies
- 1 pound shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 pound shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 (12-ounces each) cans of evaporated milk
- salsa of your choice
- 2 Tablespoons of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 4 eggs
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Split and de-seed the green chili peppers
2. Cover bottom of Prepared 8″ x 8″ baking dish with the chilies.
3. Sprinkle with shredded Mexican blend cheese and keep layering until you run out of chilies.
4. Mix flour, eggs, milk, salt and pepper and pour over chilies and cheese.
5. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven.
6. Sprinkle all of the Monterey Jack Cheese on top
7. Spread salsa over cheese, being careful that it stays on top of the cheese. Return to the oven for 15 minutes of until the cheese is melted and slightly brown. Enjoy.
- Your Dump and Go Meal Plan - October 17, 2020
- 5 Reasons It’s Totally Okay to Eat Dessert for Breakfast - October 6, 2020
- 12 Healthy Casserole Recipes for Hectic Weeknights - October 4, 2020