It’s football season, which also means it’s chili season. We know that everyone has the “best” chili recipe. Heck, there are competitions held yearly to prove who has the best chili recipes. We’re not saying that we have the best chili recipe. That would cause an uproar. We are just sharing our general love for the bean filled spicy dish. Chili is the perfect game-day food that keeps you coming back for more. You can enjoy it in a bowl with some chips and crackers or you can put it on your hotdogs and enjoy an entirely different dish. How you enjoy your chili is entirely up to you.
This chili recipe comes from our friends the Two Old Crabs, and it is delicious. This body warming, happy food will spread comfort with every single bite. Loaded with beans, ground beef and fresh ingredients, Easy Chuckwagon Chili will have you eating spoonful by spoonful. Share it at your next tailgating party, and treat your gusts and yourself to something great.
Easy Chuckwagon Chili
- 1 1/2 pounds. lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Carroll Shelby’s Chili Kit
- 15 oz. can great northern beans
- 15 oz. can pinto beans
- 15 oz. can redi-cut tomatoes
- 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 4 oz. chopped green chili’s
- salt & pepper
- 1/4 c. shredded cheddar/jack cheese
- frito’s (optional)
1. In a medium saucepan, brown the onion, garlic & green pepper in 2 T. olive oil. Add good pinch each of salt & pepper.
2. Remove cooked vegetables & in same pot, brown the ground beef, stirring to break up the pieces. Add good pinch each of salt & pepper.
3. Add cooked vegetables to meat in pot.
4. Add the great northern beans, pinto beans, redi-cut tomatoes, tomato sauce, green chili’s, salt & pepper.
5. Bring to a slow simmer & simmer for 1/2 hour to let the flavors blend.
6. Serve warm with cornbread or a good rustic bread.