A tart, not to be confused with it’s delicious counterpart the torte, is a wonderful baked dessert, consisting of a fruit filling over a bottom pie crust. But unlike pie, tart recipes are not covered with a pastry topping; instead they are open-faced, displaying their deliciousness to the world. Sweet and delicious, tarts are popular around the holiday season to share with family and friends.
We have a brand new fruity tart recipe that will become a household favorite. Made with apples, pears, craisins, chopped pecans, and brie, yes brie, its sweet and creamy finish will have your mouth watering. A gorgeous dessert that you’ll want to make every night, don’t pass up on this wonderful homemade pastry recipe.
Granny’s Apple Pear Tart
- 1 pie crust
- 2 bartlett pears, peeled, cored & sliced
- 4 tart apples, peeled, cored & sliced
- lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoon flour
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 stick melted butter
- 1/2 cup craisins
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 round brie, thinly sliced
- Place apple & pear slices in large bowl and sprinkle lightly with lemon juice.
- In small bowl, combine sugar, salt, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Add sugar mixture to apples & pears and stir.
- Add craisins and half of the pecans and stir.
- Roll out pastry crust 3â€ larger than regular pie plate. Place pastry on cookie sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Slice brie into thin slices and cover bottom of pastry.
- Carefully pile apple & pear mixture on top of brie.
- Drizzle most of melted butter over fruit.
- Drizzle most of caramel over fruit.
- Fold sides of pie crust over to form a shell around the fruit.
- Brush pie crust with melted butter. Sprinkle remaining pecans over the pie crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, until crust is golden brown & fruit is tender.
- Cool on wire rack for 2 hours.
- Before serving, drizzle thin threads of caramel over entire surface.
- Serve with dollop of whipped cream or scoop of ice cream.
- Your Dump and Go Meal Plan - October 17, 2020
- 5 Reasons It’s Totally Okay to Eat Dessert for Breakfast - October 6, 2020
- 12 Healthy Casserole Recipes for Hectic Weeknights - October 4, 2020