The grill is our best friend during the hot and humid months. Not only does it prevent us from heating up the house, but it also makes some of the best pieces of meat. All grilling recipes have that smokey flavor that you can’t achieve anywhere else other than the open flame. The grill also makes some of the best summer side dishes. If you haven’t already made them, check out our delicious pouch potatoes. Perfectly seasoned, they go with just about any main course.
This perfectly seasoned grilled beef recipe comes from our friends the Two Old Crabs. Slow roasted, so all of the juices create a tender piece of meat, Barbecue Beef Tri Tips will become the all star at your dinner table. So, turn on the grill and treat yourself to a wonderful grilling recipe tonight.
Grilled Barbecue Beef Tri Tips
- 3 pound Tri Tip Roast
- no salt seasoning, (a mixed herb seasoning)
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled
- Cousin’s BBQ sauce, or your favorite BBQ sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
1. Preheat the grill to about 400 degrees F
2. Spread a liberal amount of bbq sauce on both sides of roast.
3. Sprinkle with no salt seasoning and salt and pepper.
4. Mince rosemary and garlic, and sprinkle on both sides of the roast.
5. Place roast on grill, cooking mostly with indirect heat
6. After 30 minutes, turn to brown the other side.
7. Cook to an internal temperature of just under 160 degrees F.
8. After removing from the grill, allow the roast to rest fo 12 minutes, allowiung the juices to settle back inside the meat.
9. Slice to desired thickness