If you are a chocolate lover, fudge recipes are probably your favorite. The holiday season is the time of making and sharing sweets with family and friends, especially fudge. From easy cookie recipes to homemade candy recipes, the holiday season brings the baker out of everyone. Plus, there’s one thing that always guaranteed to spread holiday cheer – delicious sweets!
Fudge is one of those holiday favorites that we forget about until our first bite. There is a common misconception that fudge is difficult to make. But we have great news; fudge is actually a fairly simple treat that can be made in your own home, and in minutes. Put in a variety of nuts, top it with caramel, or just make it pure unadulterated chocolate. Mmmm chocolate. This wonderful holiday recipe comes from our friends the Two Old Crabs. They add marshmallows to their fudge recipe, and it is magnificent. We hope that you like it, and happy holidays.
Homemade Marshmallow Fudge
- 2 sticks butter, cut into parts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 5 oz. jar marshmallow creme
- 4 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 can evaporated milk
- walnuts, optional
- In large heat-proof bowl, combine butter, vanilla, chocolate chips and marshmallow creme. Set aside.
- In large, heavy-bottom saucepan, combine sugar & evaporated milk.
- With heat on medium-high, stirring constantly, bring mixture to a boil.
- Lower temperature so the milk & sugar mixture is simmering.
- Stir constantly this will burn easily & begin sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- Simmer, stirring, for 10 minutes.
- Pour hot liquid over chocolate chip mixture in bowl.
- Stir until chocolate chips, butter and marshmallow creme are melted and all are incorporated.
- Beat hard for several minutes, until the fudge gains a shine. The harder & longer you beat it, the creamier it will be when cooled.
- If you’re adding nuts, this is where to add them. We prefer to add the whole nuts; many people prefer them chopped.
- Pour into prepared 9″ x13″ baking dish. To prepare, either use a cooking spray or coat with a light layer of butter.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight or at least 3 4 hours, until fudge is completely cool & set.
- Cut with a knife into pieces.
- 10 BBQ and Grill Recipes to Drool Over This Summer - June 13, 2021
- The Ultimate No Bake Dessert: Stuffed Strawberries - June 4, 2021
- 14 Memorial Day Desserts For Every Cookout - May 25, 2021