Let’s face it, cinnamon roll recipes are great any time of day. They are perfect for a sweet treat in the morning and they are even better for a sweet treat after dinner. You can even warm them up in the toaster after a day and they taste like you just took them fresh out of the oven. The insides are swirled with a gooey cinnamon and brown sugar center that makes every bite simply heavenly. Plus, to make things even better, they are then topped with frosting. Oh mama, it’s good! And we almost forgot about the slight crunch from the pecans. Just talking about it is making us crave them.
We have a brand new recipe for cinnamon rolls that we know you are going to love. Their soft and gooey center will have you eating bite after bite. And they not only taste great, but they also make your house smell wonderful. Perfect for Christmas morning, make this decadent dish for your family.
Ma’s Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 large potato, peeled & chopped
- 2 cups potato water (110° 115°)
- 1 cups mashed potato
- 2 packages. yeast (or 4 1/2 t.)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup instant nonfat dry milk
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 8 8 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
For the Filling
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups pecans, chopped
- 2 1/2 tablspoons cinnamon
- 1 stick butter, melted
For the Glaze
- 1/2 stick butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
1. In small saucepan, boil chunks of potato until soft.
2. In small bowl, measure out 2 cups potato water & let cool to 110° 115°.
3. At correct temperature, add yeast to potato water & whisk until it dissolves.
4. Add 2 tablespoons sugar & whisk until dissolved.
5. Let yeast work for 10 minutes while it rises & bubbles.
6. In large mixing bowl, add 1 c. mashed potato, 2 beaten eggs, nonfat dry milk, vanilla, 3/4 c. melted butter, 3/4 c. sugar & salt.
7. Mix just enough to incorporate.
8. When yeast is ready, add to mixture in large bowl.
9. Begin adding flour, 1 cup at a time, until nice dough forms.
10. Scrape out onto floured surface & knead until dough is elastic & shiny.
11. Put in large bowl greased with butter & let rest for 2 hours, until double in size.
12. Punch down & let rest for 10 minutes.
13. On floured surface, roll dough out into large rectangle, about 1/4â€³ thick.
14. Melt stick of butter. Spread over surface of dough.
15. In small bowl, combine brown sugar, granulated sugar, pecans & cinnamon.
16. Spread on dough, over melted butter. Spread to 1/2â€³ of edges.
17. Starting at longest side, roll dough jelly-roll style, until completely rolled.
18. With sharp knife, cut into 2-inch pieces.
19. Carefully move to prepared jelly roll pan, laying each piece on it’s side. Leave enough room for the cinnamon rolls to expand they get really large!
20. Cover & let rise until doubled in size.
21. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
22. Bring tray to room temperature.
23. Bake for 25 30 minutes, until they’re golden brown on top & you can’t resist the smell any longer!
24. In bowl, beat the softened butter until creamy.
25. Add powdered sugar, vanilla & cinnamon & beat again.
26. Drizzle in the cream until of desired consistency. (Some like thick frosting, others like a thin glaze.)
27. While still in pan, frost (or glaze) cinnamon rolls.
28. Pick your favorite one before someone else gets it and enjoy!
- Your Dump and Go Meal Plan - October 17, 2020
- 5 Reasons It’s Totally Okay to Eat Dessert for Breakfast - October 6, 2020
- 12 Healthy Casserole Recipes for Hectic Weeknights - October 4, 2020