There’s nothing like waking up to the smell of homemade muffins in the morning. Perfect with a cup of coffee or hot tea, muffins are a great breakfast treat that are easy to make and even easier to enjoy. People always say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so why not enjoy a delicious homemade muffin? You won’t regret it.
This recipe for Mom’s Best Blueberry Muffins comes from our friends the Two Old Crabs and is incredible. Made with over two cups of fresh blueberries with a sugary topping, every bite is loaded with fruity goodness that will leave your taste buds satisfied. Especially good fresh out of the oven, you’ll want to serve them to your family every morning. So, take out the mixer and preheat the oven and get started on these wonderful treats. Enjoy.
Mom’s Best Blueberry Muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 1/2 cups blueberries
- sugar to sprinkle on top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Rinse and drain the blueberries.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the softened butter, sugar and both eggs.
- Sift the dry ingredients together, then add alternately with the milk and vanilla.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Prepare your muffin tin with paper cupcake liners.
- Using two large spoons, drop the batter into the muffin cups, piling high into all 12 until the batter is gone.
- Sprinkle a coarse sugar on top.
- Bake for 30 – 40 minutes or until golden brown on top. If using a loaf pan to make a blueberry bread, bake for one hour or until the bread tests done with a cake tester or toothpick.
- Cool for at least 10 minutes before removing from the pan. Gently lift the muffins out so the tops don’t separate from the bottom of the muffin.
- Your Dump and Go Meal Plan - October 17, 2020
- 5 Reasons It’s Totally Okay to Eat Dessert for Breakfast - October 6, 2020
- 12 Healthy Casserole Recipes for Hectic Weeknights - October 4, 2020