This guest blog post comes to us from Featured Foodie Amanda Formaro.
I love easy meals, especially on weeknights when everything seems so rushed. With kids in sports, practice several nights per week, and then of course the homework, it’s a wonder dinner ever gets done!
I love to use the slow cooker for this very reason. When you have children, extra curricular activities seem to come along with them. Time can truly be a precious commodity, one we try not to take for granted. Spending a lot of time in the kitchen isn’t always an option.
Freezing meals ahead of time is a great way to keep feeding your family home cooked dinners while keeping your sanity as well. I used the Oliso® PRO-1000 Vacuum Sealer to do some prep work ahead of time with this dish. Vacuum sealing keeps freezer burn away, allowing you to create meals months in advance, letting you choose when you want to use them.
For this delicious dinner all you’ll need to prepare is some rice or oriental noodles and you’re all set!
Slow Cooker Oriental Lemon Chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 6 oz (1/2 can) frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoon ketchup
- Olive oil for browning chicken
- Cut chicken breasts into large chunks and dredge in flour and salt, shaking off the excess. Freeze in Oliso® Vacuum Sealer bag according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a separate bowl and pour into a zipper freezer bag. Freeze both bags together until ready to prepare.
- Brown thawed chicken in a skillet with a little olive oil.
- Combine browned chicken and entire contents of bag with liquid ingredients in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
- Serve over rice.
What’s your favorite Asian dish to make?
Latest posts by RecipeLion (see all)
- 14 Savory Summer Casseroles - July 10, 2020
- 11 Slushy Drinks for Summer - July 9, 2020
- 15 No-Bake Cake Recipes: Cheesecakes, Icebox Cakes, and More for Any Occasion - July 8, 2020