Football season is right around the corner, which means it’s the prime time to bring you some of the best appetizer recipes we have in our collection. Picking the right appetizer is an important part of any game day party. You can decide to go the dip route and have a collection of layered dip recipes with tortilla chips, salsa and a fresh serving of guacamole. Or, you can go the extra mile and serve your guests something that will keep them coming back every Sunday. We prefer the latter.
This brand new recipe comes from our friends the Two Old Crabs and is great for those of you that like a little spice in your appetizer recipes. Stuffed with seasoned cream cheese, Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers are then wrapped with bacon and baked so all of the flavors blend together. Creamy and cheesy, it’s an appetizer that will have your guests reaching and asking for more.
Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers
- 12 jalapeno peppers
- 12 slices bacon, pre-fried until about halfway done, not crispy
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 c. shredded cheese
- small handful cilantro, minced
- 1/2 c. precook bacon bits
- pinch chipotle powder
- pinch granulated garlic
- 1 sandwich or quart size ziptop bag
- 12 toothpicks
- Cut the tops off the jalapeno’s, then cut out the membranes & seeds, being careful to keep the entire pepper intact.
- Grill cleaned peppers on the grill just until they begin to slightly char.
- In small bowl, mix the cream cheese, shredded cheese, cilantro, bacon bits, chipotle powder & granulate garlic.
- Place all of the cream cheese mixture into the ziptop bag.
- With scissors, cut off just the tip of one bottom corner to make a pastry bag.
- Twist the top of the bag to secure the filling, then squeeze the filling through the cut corner deep into the bottom of the jalapeno. Fill to the top of each pepper.
- Wrap a semi-cooked bacon strip around each jalapeno, securing with a toothpick.
- Finish cooking the pepper on the grill (or in a 350 degrees F oven) until peppers are soft and bacon is crisp.
- Remove the toothpicks before serving.