As the summer is coming to an end, so are our gardens. There’s no reason to waste all of those good greens when you can make some refreshing salad recipes out of them. It’s great too because it is just in time for Labor Day and may be one of the last opportunities to enjoy a family cookout with fresh veggie salads. Plus, there’s something rewarding about creating delicious recipes out of fresh ingredients that came right out of your very own garden.
This brand new recipe comes from our friends the Two Old Crabs and is the perfect way to use up your fresh gardens goods. Packed with vitamins in every bite. Tomato & Cucumber Salad is a raw nutritious salad that will complement any cookout fare. Add in some of your favorite vegetables to make it the way you like. Enjoy and happy and healthy eating.
Tomato & Cucumber Salad
- 3 firm tomatoes
- 1 medium cucumber
- 3 medium size mushrooms
- 1 small can sliced black olives
- 1/2 can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1/2 can green beans, rinsed & drained
- small handful chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup thin sliced red onion
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (each) salt & pepper
1. In small bowl, combine wine vinegar, water, dill, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt & pepper.
2. Using whisk, blend in olive oil, whisking fast until completely blended.
3. Cut tomatoes into small bite-sized pieces.
4. Rough chop mushrooms.
5. Peel cucumber. Remove seeds. Cut into small bite-sized pieces.
6. Add tomatoes, cucumber, black olives, garbanzo beans, green beans, parsley & red onion to large bowl.
7. Drizzle with salad dressing & refrigerate for flavors to blend.
8. Cover & refrigerate at least 1 hour for flavors to blend.
- Your Dump and Go Meal Plan - October 17, 2020
- 5 Reasons It’s Totally Okay to Eat Dessert for Breakfast - October 6, 2020
- 12 Healthy Casserole Recipes for Hectic Weeknights - October 4, 2020