I love Asian food so much that I could probably eat it every day and never get sick of it. Luckily, there is no shortage of Asian-inspired recipes, particularly when it comes to cold sesame noodle recipes.
I enjoy cold sesame noodles, particularly because cold sesame noodles recipes come in so many varieties, and they’re often sweet and spicy–yum! Cold sesame noodles can be enjoyed as a main dish or side dish, and are great if you’re looking for something to whip up for a potluck event or picnic. (I know we’re barely into spring, so it’s hard to think about picnics just yet!) Additionally, sesame noodles are fun because the recipes often come in Chinese and Thai varieties, as found in our collection of 8 Of The Best Cold Sesame Noodles Recipes on RecipeLion.com.
Our recipe for Thai Peanut Sesame Noodles is one of my favorites. I love peanut-flavored dishes almost as much as I love Asian food. Put the two together and I’m in heaven!
Here’s a closer look at our recipe for Thai Peanut Sesame Noodles:
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar or white-wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar or granulated
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon Oriental sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger root
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 pound linguine or lo mein noodles
- Chopped scallions and cucumber strips for garnish
1. In a saucepan combine the soy sauce, the vinegar, the red pepper flakes, the brown sugar, the peanut butter, the oil, the ginger root, and the broth, simmer the mixture, stirring, until it is thickened and smooth, and let it cool slightly.
2. In a kettle of boiling salted water cook the noodles until they are al dent, drain them in a colander, and rinse them under cold water.
3. Drain the noodles well, transfer them to a bowl, and toss them with the sauce.
4. Serve the noodles at room temperature and garnish them with the scallion and the cucumber.
Another recipe on the list of 8 that I really enjoy is for Cashew Sesame Noodles.
Here’s a peek at the ingredient list:
- 2 large garlic cloves chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3/4 hot red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup salted cashews or peanuts
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 pound thin spaghetti
- 1 1/2 cups coriander sprigs chopped fine
For the full recipe, check click here.
If you’re interested in additional cold sesame noodle recipes, check out:
- 10 Slow Cooker Pork Chop Recipes: Tender and Juicy Main Dish - January 26, 2023
- Easy Game Day Appetizers - January 5, 2023
- Christmas Dinner in Your Slow Cooker: Make Your Holiday Efficient and Delicious - December 15, 2022