Every year for my dad’s birthday, he always asks my mom to make one simple dessert: pineapple upside-down cake. He doesn’t want a chocolate cake or a funfetti treat. He just really wants a pineapple upside-down cake. (Which is totally fine with my mom, as it’s one of the best easy cake recipes ever.)
So, needless to say, I’m a bit of a pineapple upside-down cake recipe conoisseur. We had to go through quite a few cake recipes in order to settle on the best one (which currently happens to be from Betty Crocker, I believe). But, we’re always looking for new recipes to try.
One of the recipes I have on my list to make for my dad is the gooey pineapple upside-down cake recipe below. It’s perfectly sweet and has such a wonderful tropical flavor. You’d never believe that it’s actually a pretty healthy cake recipe just by looking at it.
Guilt-Free Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- 15.5oz can pineapple slices in juice
- 1 Tablespoon organic honey
- 6 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Natvia
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups self-rising flour, sifted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a round ring cake pan. Line the base of the pan with parchment paper.
- Drain the pineapple, reserving 2 Tablespoons juice. Cut the pineapple slices in half and set aside.
- Drizzle the honey over the base of the prepared cake pan. Then, arrange the pineapple slices on top of the honey.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and Natvia for 3 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add flour and reserved pineapple juice to the butter, sugar, and egg mixture. Stir to combine.
- Once combined, spread the cake batter over the pineapple slices in the cake pan.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until your cake tester comes out clean. Let cake cool in pan for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before serving.
We’re excited to give away a Natvia prize pack to two lucky winners! Each prize pack includes one canister each of Natvia and Norbu, as well as a cute Wilton spring cookie cutter set.
How to Enter:
Leave a comment below answering the following question:
What’s your favorite kind of cake?
- There is a maximum of one entry per person. The entry will be based upon a comment left on this blog post. Duplicate comments will be deleted and are not tallied.
- The winner will be selected at random from the comments on this blog post.
- Winner will be announced here on the blog as well as contacted by the email address provided.
- You have until tonight, Wednesday, April 29, at 11:59p EST to leave your comment on this blog post. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US.
- Easy Paleo Casserole Recipes for Summer - May 26, 2021
- 20 Easy Vegan Recipe Ideas for Family Get-Togethers - May 20, 2021
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts: The One Brussels Sprouts Recipe You Need in Your Life - April 21, 2021