Nothing beats a sandwich that is piled high with saucy pulled pork. If you have never made pulled pork before, now is the time to learn! Pulled pork makes for a comforting meal in the middle of winter, and it’s a crowd-pleaser on game days. Check out all of our tips for how to make pulled pork below, and then be sure to check out our 9 Pleasing Pulled Pork Recipes!
Tips & Tricks for Making Pulled Pork
- Choose the right cut of pork. Pork shoulder works well because the fat and connective tissue break down well, resulting in easy-to-shred pork.
- Season the pork well before cooking. This will give the finished product even more flavor.
- Cooking the pork low and slow will help the pork be extremely tender and easy to pull.
- Once the fork is cooked, use two forks to shred, or “pull”, the pork into pieces.
Check out all of our tips and tricks for how to make pulled pork here.
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches (shown) – This pulled pork is a great basic recipe to get you started.
- Slow Cooker Root Beer Pulled Pork – Root beer helps to give this pulled pork recipe fantastic flavor.
- Barbecue Pulled Pork Frito Pie – If you are looking for a new way to use up leftover pulled pork, check out this easy recipe.
- All Day Paula Deen-Inspired Pulled Pork – The slow cooker does all of the work for this all-day pulled pork recipe.
- Perfect Pulled Pork from Kevin & Amanda – This pulled pork recipe truly is perfection.
- Restaurant-Style Sweet Pork Carnitas – This slow cooker pulled pork recipe can be dressed up with sauce, or you can use it in tacos or burritos.
- Easy Peasy Pulled Pork – If you are a beginner in the kitchen, check out this recipe for Easy Peasy Pulled Pork.
- Slow Cooker Italian-Style Pulled Pork – Mix things up by making this pulled pork recipe that features classic Italian flavors.
- No-Fork BBQ-D Pork – You can’t beat this two-ingredient recipe for No-Fork BBQ-D Pork.
What is your favorite way to enjoy pulled pork?