To accompany our Simply, Fresh and Healthy cookbook giveaway this week, we were happy to get to know the author, Linda Hafner a little bit – and now we’re sharing it with you! Check out this Q&A below and learn what her favorite food memory is. Make sure you check out the latest giveaway and enter for your chance to win; also get a sneak peek at a couple fabulous recipes from the cookbook.
(RL) Q: Give us 5 random facts about yourself:
1. All of my profit from writing this book is going to charity
2. Of all my accomplishments and accolades I feel raising my 3 children was my greatest!
3. I have whitewater rafted the Grand Canyon 5 times
4. I’ll never be as good a cook as my Mother
5. I love to snow ski and windsurf.
(RL) Q: What do you love most about cooking and/or making cooking healthier?
(LH) A: Cooking is therapy for me, it’s grounding. Cooking healthy makes everyone feel great……plus eating fresh fruits and vegetables just tastes better.
(RL) Q: Do you have a favorite food memory?
(LH) A: My favorite food memory is cooking dinner while talking to my youngest daughter, Taryn, about “life” as she was sitting at the counter having a snack before swim practice. Later in a college essay Taryn spoke about these talks as her “Tuesdays with Morrie” and I was her Morrie. The memory still brings me to tears.
(RL) Q: What’s your favorite easy weeknight meal?
(LH) A: My easy weeknight meal is Clam Spaghetti. I always have the ingredients on hand so if I’m running late I can whip this dinner up in no time and I don’t have to stop at the store.
(RL) Q: What do you think is the most under-rated vegetable?
(LH) A: The most underrated vegetable is kale. Most people don’t know what it is……and my family thinks my crispy kale is better than potato chips.
Linda Hafner and her husband, Chuck, are co-founders of Chuck Hafner’s Garden Center in North Syracuse, NY. Linda is a passionate cook, thanks to her Italian heritage and lifelong exposure to farm-fresh produce. You can learn more about Hafner and the farmer’s market at www.ChuckHafner.com.
Latest posts by RecipeLion (see all)
- How to Make the Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies For Your Love - February 20, 2020
- Pizza is Everything: Easy Pizza Recipes For You! - January 11, 2020
- Quick Lunch Ideas: 10 Lunches For Your Busy Life - January 9, 2020