Chipotle has quickly become one of the most popular chain restaurants in the United States. Even the pickiest of eaters have something they love to order at the fast-casual Mexican restaurant. The Burrito Bowl is one of their most popular items on the menu. Luckily, AllFreeCopycatRecipes.com knows all the secrets behind the beloved Chipotle Burrito Bowl. This recipe for a deconstructed burrito has all your favorite fillings without all the calories. Chipotle recipes like this one are super quick and easy to make. When we made this burrito bowl recipe in the test kitchen it was a huge hit. The entire office swarmed and gobbled it up. This is truly the perfect lunch or dinner recipe.
Chipotle-Style Chicken Burrito Bowl
Serves: 2-4 people
For Cilantro-Lime Rice:
This signature Chipotle recipe for rice is the basis of the burrito bowl.
2 Cups of organic Jasmine Rice
4 Cups of water
1 teaspoons salt
1 tablespoons of low-fat butter
1/2 to 1 cup cilantro, chopped
1/4 cup of onion, chopped
1 lime, squeeze out fresh juice
dash of cumin
1/2 tsp of pepper
This burrito bowl recipe works great with pulled pork, steak, and of course, this chicken recipe!
1 package fajita seasoning mix
3 cups of lean chicken, chopped
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup cilantro
1/4 cup of onion
1 tablespoon of salsa or tomato
pepper to taste
2 cups frozen Corn
1 can black beans, low sodium
a bag of low-fat shredded cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
Salsa, if desired
Pico de gallo, if desired
1 small container of low-fat sour cream
For Cilantro-Lime Rice:
- Start by making the rice first (be sure to follow the directions on the bag of any jasmine rice you’re using).
- The only difference will be that you’re adding salt, butter, lime juice, onion, cumin and cilantro. Add these after the boiling stage but before the simmering stage. Mix well and keep covered. Keep in mind one of the key ingredients to making this like the rice at Chipotle is the lime and cilantro, that flavor is important!
- While the rice is cooking… steam the corn in a separate pot and keep warming on the side. Also put entire can of black beans into separate pot and heat on low, stirring often, until hot.
To Make the Chicken:
- Add some oil of choice to a frying pan and toss chicken in. Heat chicken on medium heat, stirring often to get chicken cooking evenly.
- Add 1/4 cup of water and entire package of fajita seasoning (you can also just follow the directions on that packet). Add more water if necessary.
- Toss and stir chicken until evenly coated, turn heat to low-med and simmer for another 5 to 8 minutes.
For the Guacamole:
- Remove peel and core from avocado and chop up into pieces. Add to a medium bowl.
- Chop and blend avocado until it’s the desired texture.
- Add chopped cilantro, 1/4 cup of onions, lime juice, salsa or tomatoes and mix well.
- Add pepper to taste.
Now that everything’s complete you can get large bowls for each person eating. Follow the below order of things if you want it to resemble Chipotle the most:
- First add rice to bowl
- Then add black beans
- Then add chicken (remember I used chicken but you could substitute for pork, beef or go veggie!)
- Add desired amount of corn.
- Add cheese.
- Then add salsa or pico de gallo, tomatoes, and add sour cream (just plop it on, no science to this).
- Finally top that off with desired amount of chopped lettuce.
¡Olé! I hope you enjoy this burrito bowl recipe as much as my co-workers and I did. If you can manage to break yourself away from your Chipotle copycat, check out Recipe Chatter’s other mouth-watering main dish recipes. A few minutes on here, and I promise you will never ask yourself “what’s for dinner?” again.
Do you prefer Chicken, Pulled Pork, or Beef in your Burrito Bowls?
- 17 of the Most Decadent Copycat Cheesecake Factory Recipes - July 30, 2021
- 12 Southern Recipes Grandma Learned When She Lived in Dixie - July 20, 2021
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake - July 6, 2021