As the weather starts getting hotter, the last thing you want to do is turn your stove or oven up. Thank heavens for the slow cooker! Cooking in your slow cooker is simple and the results speak for themselves. Summertime pork recipes are made incredibly easy with the handy appliance. Use the Bear Paws we are giving away on AllFreeCopycatRecipes.com to shred your meat without a fuss!
Restaurant-Style Sweet Pork Carnitas
All you need are 4 ingredients to make this incredibly easy Restaurant-Style Sweet Pork Carnitas. Break out your slow cooker, dump in the ingredients, turn it on, and walk away! It is that simple to make this pulled pork recipe. The sweetness comes from brown sugar and coke cola, while the savory taste comes from the taco seasoning. This pork recipe pairs nicely with tacos, enchiladas, quesadillas, or you can serve the pork over a big bowl of rice.
Preparation Time: 5 min
Slow Cooker Time HIGH: 6 hr
1 (2-pound) pork shoulder or pork butt
1 cup coke cola
1 package taco seasoning
1/2 cup brown sugar
- Put pork shoulder or pork butt in your slow cooker.
- Combine the remaining ingredients and pour over the pork.
- Cook in your slow cooker on high for 6 hours or until the pork is tender. Shred with a fork or using Bear Paws. Serve with rice or use in tacos.
This week at AllFreeCopycatRecipes.com we are giving away a set of Bear Paws. These handy “paws” help shred all kinds of meat like the Carnitas recipe above! Read more about this set of Bear Paws in our full review. You have until June 8th, 2014 to enter here.
- Set It and Forget It: 12 Gluten Free Slow Cooker Recipes - November 14, 2020
- 15 Copycat Recipes to Make When You’re Sick - October 26, 2020
- 7 Copycat Game Day Recipes to Make Your Party a Hit - October 16, 2020