The popularity of sauerkraut recipes may be surprising, and there are lots of wonderful recipes that feature it. Believe it or not, there are even sauerkraut recipes for dessert! Yes, dessert. Check out this amazing chocolate sauerkraut cake recipe:
Cooking Time: 35 min
- 2¼ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1¼ teaspoons vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 2 cup sauerkraut, drained
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda,sugar, and salt with shortening.
- Add syrup, vanilla, eggs, water and sauerkraut.
- Beat on medium speed with mixer until smooth.
- Pour into 13×9-inch pan.
- Bake at 375°F for 35 minutes.
Be sure to check out our article on how to serve sauerkraut for many more delicious sauerkraut recipes.