Today is Day 6 of our 12 Days of Christmas in July Giveaway. You can enter each day to win the prize of the day! Contest rules and how to enter are below.
On the sixth day of our 12 Days of Christmas in July Giveaway, my true love gave to me…this Salty Sweet Spiced Nuts inspired by Silpat and made in our test kitchen!
- Cooking spray
- 4 cups mixed nuts (unsalted)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon butter
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly coat with cooking spray.
Combine nuts with salt, black pepper, cumin, and cayenne pepper.
Heat sugar, water, and butter in a small saucepan over medium heat until the butter is melted.
Cook for 1 minute and remove from heat. Slowly pour butter mixture over the bowl of nuts and stir to coat.
Transfer nuts to the prepared baking sheet and spread into a single layer.
Bake nuts for 10 minutes. Stir nuts until the warm syrup coats every nut. Spread into a single layer, return to the oven, and bake until nuts are sticky and roasted, about 6 minutes. Allow to cool before serving.
Enter to Win Today’s Prize
Silpat has been dedicated to creating high-quality, non-stick cookware since it’s founding in 1965. This French company created the first non-stick baking mat, beloved of pastry chefs, and applies that same non-stick technology to the Entremet pan. This pan will make baking and clean up a breeze. No need to worry about whether your recipe will get stuck to the pan and be ruined. Silpat’s non-stick technology ensures easy food removal.
In order to win today’s 12 Days of Christmas in July Giveaway, all you need to do is leave a comment on this blog post below telling us:
What’s your favorite appetizer recipe?
OFFICIAL RULES FOR DAILY CONTEST:
- There is a maximum of one entry per person. The entry will be based upon a comment left on this blog post. Duplicate comments will be deleted and are not tallied.
- Winner will be selected at random from the comments on this blog post.
- Winner will be announced here on the blog July 20, 2016 as well as contacted by the email address provided.
- You have until tomorrow, July 19, 2016 at 11:59p EST to leave your comment on the project above. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada excluding Quebec.
THIS CONTEST HAS ENDED. Check out the rest of the 12 Days of Christmas in July giveaway series. There are still 6 chances to win!
Congrats to Jeffrey!
You’ve won the Entremet Baking Pan from Silpat! You will receive an email shortly.
Be sure to enter our sleigh of prizes giveaway to win each of our giveaways featured!