Whether you grew up playing tea parties with your stuffed animals or later fell in love with the simple elegance of teatime inspired by Oscar Wilde’s hilarious play The Importance of Being Earnest, doing teatime right is a must. The most important rule of having a spot-on tea party? The finger sandwiches, of course!
Nothing can beat a refreshing bite into a cucumber tea sandwich when it’s a scorcher outside and you want to treat yourself to something as delectable as it is posh.
Inspired by Epicurean, these miniature delights are a bite of heaven and a breath of fresh air. We were so in love with this recipe that we even cooked them up in our test kitchen!
The best-kept secret about these sandwiches is what a cinch they are to make, even though their complex yet light taste will trick anyone into thinking they took all day to put together. This dish is so simple to make, you’ll be whipping them up for any get-together, from summer potlucks to family reunions.
- 8 slices white bread
- 1 stick of butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon lemon
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs (such as dill, parsley, chives)
- 1 english style cucumber, rinsed and sliced thin
- 4 slices of sharp cheddar cheese
In a bowl, mix butter with lemon, lemon zest, chopped herbs, salt and pepper.
Flatten sandwich bread lightly with a rolling pin.
Trim crust from each sandwich, cut into quarters and serve.
What is your favorite finger food to serve? Let us know below in the comments!
Latest posts by RecipeLion (see all)
- Your Guide to Homemade Hostess: Twinkie Recipes, Ho Hos, Ding Dongs & More - June 26, 2020
- 17 Summer BBQ Recipes For a Crowd - June 21, 2020
- 15 Quick Casserole Recipes for Busy Nights - June 19, 2020