In honor of our Winter Warm-Up blog hop going live tomorrow I’ve found this amazingly yummy and easy Slow Cooker Chicken Stew with a Mexican twist. It can make a great weeknight meal for all of us busy people, so basically everyone! It’s so simple.
I suggest serving it with some chips and salsa or guacamole too. Here’s an awesome salsa recipe to try: Fresh and Zippy Salsa. So if you are a fan of stew recipes try your hand at making this fun dish.
Slow Cooker Chicken Stew Mexican-Style
Serves: 6 to 8
Cooking time: 6 hours and 20 minutes
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
- 4 medium russet potatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds), peeled and shredded or cubed
- 1 can (15 ounce) mild salsa
- 1 can (4 ounce) diced green chiles
- 1 pkg (1 1/4 ounce) taco seasoning mix
- 1 can (8 ounce) tomato sauce
- 1 package (16 ounce) frozen green beans
- In a 3 1/2 quart electric slow cooker, mix together chicken and potatoes.
- In a medium bowl, stir together salsa, chiles, and dry taco seasoning mix. Pour over chicken and potatoes and mix well. Level the top.
- Pour tomato sauce over all, spreading evenly, but do not mix in.
- Cover and cook on low setting 5 1/2 – 6 hours or until chicken and potatoes are tender. Mix gently.
- Increase heat setting to high. Stir in green beans and cook, uncovered 15-20 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender. Serve immediately.
Enjoy and sound off below in the comments if you try this out!
- Quick and Easy Dinner Idea: Four-Ingredient OMG Chicken - November 25, 2020
- 4 Turkey Leftover Recipes That Aren’t Turkey Sandwiches - November 20, 2020
- Make-Ahead Baked Eggnog French Toast Recipe - November 16, 2020