Welcome to Day 2 of Slow Cooker Week! Visit our blog every day during our 7-day Slow Cooker Week to get great winter and holiday slow cooker recipes, and for a chance to win a Hamilton Beach 6 Quart Programmable Stovetop Slow Cooker. Find the contest rules and enter below. A comment on this post will grant you an extra entry to win the Hamilton Beach slow cooker. To find all of our posts during Slow Cooker Week click here.
The Best Slow Cooker Beef Stew
For my The Best Slow Cooker Beef Stew, you will need:
- 1-1/2 pounds of beef stew meat, cubed
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pound potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces — I used French fingerlings, but you can use any variety.
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 8 ounces baby carrots, chopped in half
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 2-1/2 cups beef broth
- 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup red wine (This is the secret ingredient that makes it THE BEST. I used a Cabernet Sauvignon.)
- 2 bay leaves
- Place the cubed stew meat in a large bowl.
- Add the flour, salt, pepper, and paprika to the meat and toss to coat well.
- Spray the inside of your slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Add the celery, carrots, onion, and garlic to the slow cooker.
- Dump in the floured, seasoned meat.
- Then, pour in the broth, Worcestershire sauce, and wine.
- Give it a stir, and then drop in the 2 bay leaves.
- Cook on HIGH for 6 to 7 hours.
- Ladle into bowls and serve with warm, crusty bread.
What do you like to put in your beef stew?
Official Contest Rules:
- There is a maximum of one entry per person per day on AllFreeSlowCookerRecipes.com via our web site entry form.
- Earn a bonus entry each day by commenting on each daily blog post during Slow Cooker Week (1 per day).
- Winner will be selected at random from the comments on the seven daily Slow Cooker Week blog posts and site entries.
- You have until December 14th, 2013 at 11:59p EST to leave your comment on this post and/or enter our contest via AllFreeSlowCookerRecipes.com.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada.
To gain an extra entry for the Hamilton Beach 6 Quart Programmable Stovetop Slow Cooker, comment on today’s post below. One blog comment per day is permitted, in addition to one entry on AllFreeSlowCookerRecipes.com. You must enter our giveaway on AllFreeSlowCookerRecipes.com to be considered for the prize. A comment on this post will grant you an extra entry.
- Easy Game Day Appetizers - January 9, 2021
- Slow Cooker Classic Christmas Cake-Mix Desserts: Sample Some of Santa’s Favorites - December 20, 2020
- Christmas Dinner in Your Slow Cooker: Make Your Holiday Efficient and Delicious - December 19, 2020